Business opportunities for Africans has always been among the top discussed topic, for people who are seeking for business ideas in Africa or for those whom are quite confused on the type of business to setup in Africa.
Africa as a continent has a very good business opportunities that can help to not only solve problems, but can also provide employment and make great income for the entrepreneurs.
It may be quite surprising to know that there are many business ideas or business opportunity in Africa than you can ever imagine and reason been that enough –people haven’t tapped from this opportunities because they might not know that they exit or have no idea of any Africa business ideas.
In this article, I will be stating all the Africa business ideas that can help you to setup any business of your choice or help to make up your mind on anyone of listed below.List of Business Ideas/Opportunities for Africans
- Crop Production business; a lot of people may not like this particular Africa business idea because it may require the investor to engage or get their hand dirt with soil, literally, and also to engage in the toiling of the earth/ soil. In withstanding the tedious work or labor that will be done, crop production is indeed a very good business idea that could be done in Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa or any other African countries because food business is a very good business because food is the number one need of every human.
This crop production business includes, rice farming production, cassava framing, tomato farming, cucumber farming, maize farming, palm oil farming or production, potato farming and so forth.
There are indeed many of them out there and they are capable to provide a good income.
One good thing about crop production is that even if you have no previous knowledge of farming the crops, you can hire workers or farmers whom are expert in it to plant for you. By this, you won’t have to worry on how to do it, also learn and as same time make your profit.
For crop production business, if you have no or few capital you can surely get loan from the banks, Microfinance Banks, cooperative societies etc. so long you have a good business plan or proposals.
- Livestock farming/Management business; livestock farming or management business is the process of rearing or farming for the aim of profit or gains. This could be a good choice of business when considering a profitable African business ideas to venture into. These animals are been used for food that can be used for balancing the required nutrient for a healthy body.
The livestock farming business involves businesses such as goat farming business, cattle farming, pig farming business, grass-cutter farming business, snail farming business, poultry farming business (which involves layers poultry farming, boilers farming business or turkey farming business etc) and so forth.
Just like crop production business, if you have no or few capitals for your livestock business you can surely get loan from the banks, Microfinance Banks, cooperative societies so far you have a good business plan or proposals.
- Bottle water Production business. Everyone loves to drink water to keep alive and stay healthy and as people goes out to run their day to day business , there is always a need to consume water to refresh the body and remove out unwanted toxins.
If you are looking for good African business ideas that could yield you money then satchel water or bottle water production is a good business opportunity.
For this business, you need a source of good water, filtering machines and sachet water nylons or plastic bottle production machine and so forth.
- Waste management services; as dirty as this business may look or may be this business opportunity has the potential for making income because a lot of people want their waste managed and disposed.
Ask the Alchemists entrepreneurs!
You need a waste management truck, labors and a registered business, and houses or company to assist in managing their business in a fixed payment then you are free to startup. So if you have interest in setting up one, do not hesitate.
- Blogging; blogging is an act of reading, writing, or editing and shared on-line journal to interested audiences or readers. Over the years as the internet becomes more powerful, lots of information are surfacing online and the act of blogging has become more popular. People can now easily share their points of view, educate and keep like minds interests with people who have interest in it. Just find and create your niche.
One can also make good income from blogging when people pay the blogger to advertise a product or services in a space in their online blog. Or also participate in pay per click services, or even engage in affiliate marketing.
The good thing about this blogging business is that you can easily set it up if you have your laptop and small capital.
- Affiliate marketing; affiliate marketing in an act of marketing other people or brands goods/products and services. An affiliate marketer gets paid when one buys the products or makes use of the services. The payment could be through a stipulated commission or particular payments.
Like I stated above that you can practices an affiliate marketing as a means of gaining in your blog; you should know that, It is not a not a must to have a blog before engaging in an affiliate marketing. You can apply to companies or services that are in need of affiliate marketers, if approved; you will then have to promote their goods or services in either your social media accounts etc.
- Online Forum ; another good business opportunities for Africans one should consider is setting up an online national or local forum which will encourage engagement and conversations of different topic ranging from news, politics, religion, fashion, food, celebrity, technology, relationships, health, auto and so forth. People can post freely and there should moderator to modify articles and put things in order in there.
Do not overlook this business idea because it has very good and high profit tendencies.
A lot of people might want to consider going internationally, that is, creating an international forum, well it’s also good, but there is a good tendency if it is made local.
One can profit from this business by accepting to feature sponsorship post, articles or stories. You can also advertise products or services at a pay per click or a monthly or weekly payment.
If you don’t want to engage in a forum of numerous topics, you can then best chose a particular topic and elaborate in it. It can also make a good income too.
- Consulting Services; if you are an expert in a business and know how to do the job well, you can offer consulting services for those who have an interest in setting up the job or business and get paid at a particular fee. You can setup this consulting business either offline or online, whichever one you chose.
- Event Planning or management services; managing events or ceremonies are another business opportunities Africans can look into.
You can be paid an amount of fee for setting up this business been provided that you have the equipment and a great knowledge of how to do it. If you want to set up this business but do not know how to do it, you can enroll in classes that teach techniques and how to setup event planning and management services.
if you get your first job and do it right, people who attend the event may want you to manage their events for them when they need to do so. You can also advertise your business online or offline through posters or billboards..
- Importing and exporting business; you can set up an importing and exporting business where you export particular goods to other countries or import particular goods into your own country and then sell it to consumers who needs it.
To set up exportation or importation business, you need capital either small or big, if possible registered company and the contact of interested buyers, when you have this, you are good to go. For the exposure of your business, you need to market it well both offline and online.
- Currency Exchange Business; exchanging currencies to another country currency is another business idea that has great potential for maximum income in Africa. Advertise this business for great exposure and make your income from it.
- Research expert; if you are an expert in researching on topics, articles, organization etc. companies or individuals who need them can pay you for this service since they may be too busy to do so or may not be an expert. You may not know, this is a great business opportunity that can yield quite an income in any country of Africa.
- Video Vlogging/ YouTube; there are some people out there who prefer watching videos to reading contents online. You can start making interesting videos which will interest people or teach people on how to do stuff known as; do-it-yourself, short comedy, cooking tutorials, makeup tutorials, and other stuffs. Soon enough you will be able to monetize your videos to earn some cash and also other people can advertise on your YouTube channel.
- Becoming an online freelancer on different service; if you have the ability to write, design logo, code HTML, web copywriting, proofreading, ghost writing, resume writing, graphic design, website building services etc; you can happen to be a freelancer in it. The excellent thing about freelancer is that you can charge at your rate and combine different jobs you like if you are capable to handling it or multitasking.
- Becoming an SEO Expert/Consultant; in as much as the internet is filled with the content of different topics, goods, and services; you need the search engine to optimize your site, goods or service to the right people at the right time. There are experts who specialize in this. If you feel you are good in this aspect, you can set this online business up and provide it to people who don’t know how to do it at the rate or charges of your choice.
- Jobs recruiting services or agency; a lot of people out there are looking for employment which they believe that do not exist because they couldn’t find any and the reason for not finding is because they haven’t find in the right place. And also, a lot of companies are looking for the right candidate or people to fit in a required vacancy in their company but it’s sort of hard to find.
As a job recruiter agency or management, it is your job to provide these candidates with the right jobs and these companies with the right candidates.
You can set up this business offline or online. The good advantages of bring this online it’s because since most people use the internet on a daily basis to get information, your job recruiting services will be easy to see or access.
By getting genuinely available jobs to the right people and the right candidates to the right companies who are need of it; from there you get your own commissions through the candidate’s salaries or particular payments from the company or candidates.
- Virtual Assistant; Most web entrepreneurs are too busy or can’t handle all their online works and seek assistant to help them complete them. This service is all about helping web entrepreneurs to carry out works that they consider or may find cumbersome or too much and get paid for it.
- Buying and reselling of land and property (estate management); another good African business idea to consider is the estate management. This is a very good business idea that has fetched a lot of people considerable income over the years. In this business, you can offer to sell people’s landed properties and they will pay you some amount of money at a discussed rate. Or you can buy lands or houses at a discount rate and resell it to people who are in need of it.
- Sell Your Expertise Via Fiverr, Upwork etc.